Week of March 5, 2012 Archives
RealClearPolitics Morning Edition
Monday, March 5Can the Republican Party Save Itself?
- Ryan Lizza, The New Yorker2008 Wasn't an Omen for GOP - 2010 Was.
- Ron Christie, New York TimesThe GOP's Primary Problem
- E.J. Dionne, Washington PostRomney and the Mandate
- Jeffrey Anderson, Weekly StandardObama Ohio Ground Game Outpacing GOP
- Erin McPike, RealClearPoliticsWhy Tuesday Won't Deliver a Knockout
- William Galston, New RepublicSuper Tuesday? More Like "Stupor Tuesday"
- Joseph Curl, Wash TimesWhat's the Matter With White People?
- Joan Walsh, SalonThe Vetting of Barack Obama
- Andrew Breitbart, Big GovernmentObama Stresses Patience on Iran
- Alexis Simendinger, RealClearPoliticsWe Can Live With a Nuclear Iran
- Paul Pillar, Washington MonthlyThe End of Putinism
- Jackson Diehl, Washington PostStates of Depression
- Paul Krugman, New York TimesCalifornia Slipping Toward Bankruptcy, Again
- Conn Carroll, ExaminerThe Dagger Aimed at Defense
- Robert Samuelson, NewsweekWill China Trigger Another Space Race?
- Ross Pomeroy, RealClearScienceNothing Shocks When Anything Goes
- Hugh Hewitt, Washington ExaminerSuper Tuesday: TN: 3-Way Battle
| GA: Gingrich Up Big
Tuesday, March 6How Will Super Tuesday Shape Up?
- McPike & Conroy, RealClearPoliticsHow Obama Can Win Working Class Voters
- Ron Klain, BloombergRomney's Mandate Argument Gets Even Shakier
- Jonathan Cohn, TNRMitt Romney: The Acceptable Man
- Robert Costa, National ReviewRomney Is Not the Answer for the GOP
- Dan McLaughlin, Red StateFossil Fuel Fever Poses Environmental Danger
- Michael Klare, The NationObama's Energy Plan: Costs Rise, Jobs Decline
- Liz Peek, The Fiscal TimesAre Rising Gas Prices the Next Black Swan?
- Doug Kass, TheStreetWhy 2012 Is Not the GOP's "Last Chance"
- Sean Trende, RealClearPoliticsVoters Back Away From Santorum in Ohio
- Salena Zito, Pittsburgh TRStopping Iran's Nuclear Ambitions
- Mitt Romney, Washington PostU.S. Must Expand, Not Suppress, Voting Rights
- Jesse Jackson, Chicago STAffirmative Action Forever?
- John Fund, National ReviewThe Assault on Women's Health
- E.J. Graff, American ProspectTime for Conservatives to Fight Blacklisting
- Jeffrey Lord, Am. SpectatorIn China, Sobering Signs of Slow Growth
- Keith Bradsher, New York TimesJames Q. Wilson (1931-2012)
- Thomas Sowell, Investor's Business DailySuper Tuesday: OH: Romney +1.2
| TN: 3-Way Race
| GA: Newt Up Big
Wednesday, March 7With No Knockout, Bruising Battle Plods On
- Jeff Zeleny, New York TimesRomney Takes Another Step Toward Nomination
- Carl M. Cannon, RCPDanger Signs for Mitt Romney
- John Fund, National ReviewTuesday Sets Up Long Slog to Nomination
- Brian Montopoli, CBS NewsMitt Romney: The Candidate of "Eh, I Guess"
- Rich Lowry, FOX NewsThe Real Winner on Super Tuesday? Obama
- Ruy Teixeira, Foreign PolicyNo, the GOP Isn't Doomed
- James Taranto, Wall Street JournalObama Being Cautious on Iran
- Alexis Simendinger, RealClearPoliticsBarack Obama: Israel's Best Friend
- Thomas Friedman, New York TimesCan Israel Trust Obama?
- Thomas Sowell, Investor's Business DailyHitler's Triumphant March Into Rhineland
- The History PlaceObama's Call Was a Lesson for His Girls
- Jackie Calmes, New York TimesBill Maher Gets Waiver From Obama
- Aaron Goldstein, American SpectatorCould This Be the End of Limbaugh?
- Clarence Page, Chicago TribuneDems' Dishonesty on Birth Control Is Breathtaking
- Jonah Goldberg, LATThe Stock Selloff Is Just Getting Started
- Anthony Mirhaydari, MSN MoneyGhosts in the Washington Post's Newsroom
- Sarah Ellison, Vanity FairGOP 2012 Race: Super Tuesday Results
| Delegate Count
| Popular Vote
Thursday, March 8Santorum's Powerful Case Against ObamaCare
- Daniel Henninger, WSJThe GOP's Gasoline Alley
- Dana Milbank, Washington PostIt Was a Super Tuesday for Democrats
- Bob Shrum, The WeekAfter Super Tuesday, Romney Marches On
- Fred Barnes, Weekly StandardRomney Is Nothing Like Reagan
- Craig Shirley, PoliticoBudget Cuts Are Hurting Greece
- Nicholas Kristof, New York TimesObama Kicks the Can Down the Road
- Michael Barone, DC ExaminerPrepare for a Unemployment Rate Snow Job
- John Crudele, New York PostWill Home Prices Fall Another 20%?
- Anthony Mirhaydari, MSN MoneyU.S., Pakistan Take a Breather
- David Ignatius, Washington PostSending Mixed Messages on Iran
- Michael Goodwin, New York PostFour Senate Questions
- Josh Kraushaar, National JournalRep. Jean Schmidt's Defeat Serves as Warning
- Toeplitz & Becker, Roll CallBad Laws: It's Time to Clean House in D.C.
- Philip Howard, The AtlanticIt's Like Totally Different When Bill Maher Says It
- Nick Gillespie, ReasonApple's Next-Gen iPad: New Battlefields Emerge
- Larry Dignan, ZDNet"The Lost Majority"
- James Antle, Washington TimesRasmussen (National): Romney 39, Santorum 27, Gingrich 17, Paul 10
Friday, March 9The Incomplete Greatness of Obama
- Paul Glastris, Washington MonthlyJust Wait Until Voters Focus on Obama's Record
- John Podhoretz, NY PostTeam Obama's Super Paranoia
- Major Garrett, National JournalNo Quit in These GOP Candidates
- Doyle McManus, Los Angeles TimesRomney Really Might Not Have the Delegates by June
- Sean Trende, RCPWH Works to Shape Debate Over Health Law
- Robert Pear, New York TimesThe ObamaCare Death Spiral Continues
- John Hayward, Human EventsGOP Primary the Dumbest Race Ever
- Mike Lupica, New York Daily NewsAt-Risk Obama's Shameless Campaign
- Matthew Continetti, Free BeaconA Vote for the GOP Is a Vote for War
- Eugene Robinson, Washington PostObama vs. Israel
- Charles Krauthammer, Investor's Business DailyAn American Auto-Bailout - for France?
- Jonathan Karl, ABC NewsWhy Republicans Oppose Tax Increases
- William Voegeli, City JournalLimbaugh Critics Ignoring Liberal Mysogyny
- Kirsten Powers, Daily BeastNo One Should Go to the RTCA Dinner
- Greta Van Susteren, FOX NewsWhy Dennis Kucinich Won't Be Missed
- Alex Koppelman, The New YorkerBreitbart's Last In-Depth Interview
- Paul Bond, The Hollywood ReporterElection 2012: Delegate Count, Upcoming States
| Polls: Obama vs. GOP
Saturday, March 10Yes, Obama Is Winning - For Now
- Jonathan Chait, New York MagazineIt's ObamaCare, Stupid
- Jeffrey Anderson & Bill Kristol, Weekly StandardMitt Romney's Inevitable. Accept It.
- Dana Milbank, Washington PostSolid in Kansas, Santorum Seeks to Build Margin
- Trip Gabriel, NY TimesThe Real Recovery Has Finally Arrived
- Adam Sorensen, TimeU.S. Jobs Recession Now 49 Months: Longest Since WWII
- Ed Carson, IBDHooey From the Fed
- Larry Kudlow, National Review OnlineIgnore Swing Voters at Your Peril!
- William Galston, The New RepublicMaybe They Should Just Call It the Chevy "Vote"
- Patrick Michaels, ForbesPox on Both Houses in Birth Control Spat
- Cathy Young, RealClearPoliticsMaher & Obama's Moral Righteousness
- Keith Koffler, White House DossierRight to Vote Is the American Promise
- Marian Wright Edelman, Huff PostCNN's O'Brien, Derrick Bell & Critical Race Theory
- Moe Lane, RedStateThe Luck That Propelled Obama's Rise
- David Maraniss, Washington PostWhat About the Kids Who Behave?
- Jason Riley, Wall Street JournalGame Change Goes Easy on Palin, GOP
- Michelle Goldberg, The Daily BeastThe Top 10 Lies of HBO's Game Change
- Stacy Drake, Big HollywoodAlabama (GOP): Alabama St.: Gingrich +1 | RCP Average: Romney +2.3
Sunday, March 11Those Pesky Things Called Laws
- George Will, Washington PostPass the Books. Hold the Oil.
- Thomas Friedman, New York TimesSantorum Wins Big in Kansas Caucuses
- Dion Lefler, The Wichita EagleWhy Romney Is Going the Distance
- Scott Helman, Boston Globe MagazineDrama of a Brokered Convention
- Craig Shirley, Washington TimesIn GOP Race, Geography Has Been Destiny
- Nate Silver, New York TimesHow Obama Is Choking Off U.S. Oil Production
- Mario Loyola, NROPresident's Apology Is Not Un-American
- Gary Younge, The GuardianCollege Spells Success, Except in Santorum's Mind
- Robert Reich, SF ChronObamalaise: Like Carter, Obama Is a Whiner
- Kyle Smith, New York PostDetroit Nears Bankruptcy
- Walter Russell Mead, The American InterestHillary Clinton: Time to "Shape Our Destinies"
- Eleanor Clift, Daily BeastA Misreading of Law, History on Preemptive Strikes
- Peter Berkowitz, RCPChina's Economy Bigger Worry Than Yuan
- Samuel Sherraden, BloombergHow India Became America
- Akash Kapur, New York TimesHow Andrew Breitbart Changed the News
- Nick Gillespie, ReasonFree Speech Under Fire
- Jonathan Turley, Los Angeles TimesIllinois (Chicago Tribune): Romney 35, Santorum 31, Gingrich 12, Paul 7